Safety valve (Pressure Safety Valves, Pressure Relief Valves, and Thermal Relief Valves) & Rupture Disc provides overpressure protection for equipment or system. It is independent mechanical device serves as last layer of protection and prevents failure due to overpressure.
To design a safety valve is a required competency in EPC organization for process engineer. It will give him edge over others. Every EPC engineering company required to handle safety valves in all the projects. To design & size safety valves, the basic knowledge of codes and standard requirements, significance of PSV load calculations is required. It will enhance the competency of the engineer who designs PSV.
We will offer course for “Safety Valve Design”. This course will include
- Equipment Pressure Design and Overpressure safeguarding concept
- Overpressure safeguarding methods
- Safety valve – what is safety valve and its types?
- Applicable codes & Standards
- Safety valve design as per API520 & 521
- Safety valve inlet & outlet line sizing
- Safety valve construction & installation requirements
- Specifying a safety valve
- Practical examples
- After attending the course, the engineer will be able to design the safety valves.
- The course will add one more competency in their bunch of competencies for process plant design.