Almost all of the process plants, petrochemical, oil & gas and petroleum/LPG depots plants handle flammable material in large quantities either in plant or in storage area. They inherently have potential of large fire and explosion. We need to design safety systems for such plants. We need to operate these plants with designed safety systems.
For design & operate safety systems of chemical plants, understanding of fire and explosion gives an added advantage. The design will be exact and optimum. The regulations and code compliance will be effective.
We will offer course for “Understanding Fire & Explosion”. This will be different than general fire protection training. The course includes,
- What is Fire? Fire basics will be covered.
- What is Explosion? Explosion basics will be covered.
- Fire and Explosion Control – conceptual level design basics
- Fire Protection
- Types of Fire Protection Systems
- Basis for deciding which system?
- Design & engineering of such system.
- Active & Passive fire protection
- Codes Standards (NFPA/API/OISD/IS)
- Explosion Protection
- Hazardous Area Classification
- Plot plan consideration
- Fire & Gas Detection
- Case Studies
- The session will change attitude towards fire protection and explosion protection.
- The better understanding of the fire & explosion will made design of safety systems easier.
- The engineer will be able to design fire protection systems.
- The lay out review and optimization in better way.