Every chemical, petrochemical or Oil & Gas plant is handling hazardous, toxic and flammable chemicals. Each plant has potential for hazardous incident. The identification of potential hazards in the plant, process and system is now routine activity in process industry. There are different methods available for hazard identification and evaluation during PHA. One need to use appropriate method for his application.
In any EPC project PHA-HAZOP is essential part of project. HAZOP is hazard evaluation method. Now days with HAZOP client may ask for other methods also. Similarly in operating plant different hazard evaluation methods can be used based on the application.
We will offer course in PHA-Hazard Identification & Evaluation.
The course includes following topics,
- What is Hazard & Risk? Hazard and Risk understanding
- Process Hazard Analysis (PHA)
- HAZOP : Methodology, requirements
- What-if Method
- Checklist Method
- FMEA (Failure Mode effect Analysis)
- Fault Tree Analysis
- Consequence Analysis
- Dispersion and Effects
- ALOHA Software for Dispersion and effects
- One session of actual HAZOP of small system.
- HAZOP trained person is an asset to any company.
- Participate effectively in HAZOP/What-if sessions.
- They can conduct internal HAZOPs or Safety reviews.
- They can make decision for which methodology to be used in their own area.