What is Fire Protection System?
Almost all of the process plants, petrochemical, oil & gas and petroleum/LPG depots plants handle flammable material in large quantities either in plant or in storage area. They inherently have potential of large fire and explosion. The fire protection system is required at these plants and depots to control the fire and safely rescue the people entrapped inside the fire.
The large residential or commercial buildings also require fire fighting system to control fire and safely rescue the entrapped people.
- The system can be active and passive fire protection system.
- The system can be water based or gas based.
- The system can be manual or automatic.
Regulation/Code and Standard Requirement:
Fire protection system is required by CCOE to approve the plot plan or approve the storage of petroleum materials. SMPV Rule and Factory act also requires provision of protection system from fire. The design of such system can be either as per NFPA or OISD or API or Insurance Rule (Previously TAC Rule) or as per NBC(National Building Code)
What we can offer:
- We develop fire load calculation, fire water demand calculations and report.
- We develop Fire Network plan preparation, perform Fire Water Network hydraulic analysis.
- We provide hydraulic design of Fire water network and pumping system.
- We can provide hydraulic design & engineering for medium velocity spray system as per applicable code & standard (NFPA / OISD / TAC).
- Support procurement of Fire Protection Equipment
- Specify and supply Clean Agent (FM200) system.
- We can perform Fire System audit.